Friday 27 March 2015

Filling my life with clay.


I am looking forward to doing some exciting workshops over the next few months
that will help me to keep exploring my love of clay.

It is very easy, after working as an artist for many years,
to consider that your time as a student is over.

However I hope that I will keep learning until the day I die.

Everyone has a unique way of being an artist
and I find it so exciting to try new ways of making.

It is for this reason that I am currently a studio based Distance Ed student
in my second year of a Grad Cert/Visual Arts/Ceramics at ANU
which I plan to follow with a Masters in Ceramics.
I am loving it!

The only trouble is that when my semester stops,
I don't want to stop!

So I am filling the spaces between my ANU study
with workshops with ceramists that I adore.
In particular, this year, Sandy Lockwood.


                                               In May I plan to do her Tea Pot workshop.

small green-yellow-stoneware tea pot
by Sandy Lockwood



In June a wood fire workshop
and
in August another wood fire workshop.

YEEEE HA!

There are still places left, though only a few!
So come and join me at one or many of her workshops.

You can click this link
Sandy Lockwood's workshops
to find out about what she is offering at her Balmoral Pottery Studio.
Contact her directly through her website.

Sandy is a delightful and talented potter,
a generous teacher and a wonderful inspiration to work with.
Don't miss this chance to learn from a master.

1 comment:

  1. oh you will love those extra courses with Sandy... I did a Master class with her at Hazelhurst Gallery and Arts Centre a while ago and loved it..
    So glad you are having such a great time with your clay :)

    ReplyDelete